While looking for alternative color names, I found this on Wikipedia. Since it is the source of all things true on the internet,* I decided to share.
- Garrow and Infra-White – colors invented in the Nebulous episode "Madness is a Strange Colour". The first color both colors affect the human mind in odd ways, either destroying or creating sanity. Professor Nebulous claims that he discovered Infra-White by looking underneath and behind the visible spectrum.
- Fuligin – both a color and a textile having that color, associated with the Guild of Torturers in Gene Wolfe's book, The Shadow of the Torturer. The color is defined as "the color that is darker than black" and also as "the color of soot." (The noun is a back-formation from the adjective fuliginous, "sooty.")
- Grue and bleen – colors that change after an arbitrary, but fixed time; coined by Charles Dodgson and used by philosopher Nelson Goodman to illustrate what he calls "the new riddle of induction."
- Hooloovoo – a superintelligent shade of the color blue in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams.
- Octarine – the color of magic in the Discworld fantasy novels, described as resembling a fluorescent greenish-yellow purple.
- Squant – a fourth primary color publicized by the experimental band Negativland in 1993.
- Jale and Ulfire – new primary colors (shades of ultraviolet?) in A Voyage to Arcturus by David Lindsay.
- The Colour Out of Space – a vaguely-described alien hue, from the story of that name by H. P. Lovecraft.
- The colors tang and burn are colors in the infrared range seen by the albino mutant Olivia Presteign (whose vision only functions in the infrared) in the 1956 science fiction novel The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester.
- Htun is a color similar to black only seen by gnomes in the book Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.
- Sangoire is a color of red 'so dark and saturated it [is] almost black', seen in the Kushiel's Legacy Series by Jacqueline Carey.
- Blellow is the name given to the color created by Reece of "Malcolm in the Middle" when he mixed blue and yellow together. Otherwise known as green.
- Silentropae is the name given to the color of the cloud of debris following earth's destruction by asteroid 'Apophis' in the short story Silentropae by author Book Sim.
♥ Do you know of any additional fictional colors? Have you invented any yourself?